Lemon Pie on Chocolate Crust
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25613 times
Light and fluffy lemon pie is set on a crunchy chocolate crust. Garnish this pie with layer of sweetened cream and a slice of lemon for an added effect.
- Lightly toast the cornflakes and crush. Add the almonds and raisins and keep aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan over a slow flame till it resembles a sauce.
- Add this to the toasted cornflakes mixture and mix well.
- Pour this into a 150 mm. (6") diameter loose bottomed pie-dish.
- Level the crust using the back of a katori.
- Refrigerate till it sets.
- Whisk the cream in a bowl till soft peaks form and keep aside.
- Combine the agar-agar and water in a pan and melt over a slow flame till it is smooth.
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon rind, lemon juice, vanilla essence, condensed milk and colour and mix well.
- Slowly add the warm agar agar solution, mixing well so that it does not form lumps.
- Add the fresh cream and fold lightly into this mixture.
- Pour into the set chocolate crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Garnish with swirls of whipped cream, lemon slices and mint leaves and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.