by Tarla Dalal
Added to 73 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38621 times
Innovative to the core, there are many aspects that make the Khakhra Pizza appealing to kids, and satisfying to moms too. Instead of a plain flour base, this pizza uses nutritious whole wheat khakhra. As the base is thin and crispy, it also requires much less cheese than a traditional pizza. While fresh veggies like cabbage and capsicum add crunch to the topping, exotic tomato salsa brings in a flavourful punch. What’s more, the Khakhra Pizza is also temptingly colourful, so no kid can say no to it!
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicum and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minute or till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomato salsa and salt mix well and cook for on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the topping into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, place a khakhra on a serving plate, spread 1 portion of the topping over it and garnish it with 1 tbsp of and 1 tbsp of cheese and spring onion greens.
- Repeat step 4 to make 1 more khakhra pizza.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per khakhra pizza
|Fibre|| 1.7 gm|
|Calcium|| 134.6 mg|
|Vitamin C|| 37.1 mg|
|Energy|| 165 cal|
|Protein|| 7.1 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 28.4 gm|
|Fat|| 5.4 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.