Indori Palak Puri
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 10042 times
Stuffed with finely chopped palak or spinach leaves and spices, Indori palak puri simply melts in your mouth. Palak puri is a nice way of sneaking vegetables like spinach by stuffing it in rotis or paranthas. Serve the healthy palak puri with chutney or pickle.
- Clean, wash, discard the hard stalks of the spinach and boil them with a little water until tender.
- Once tender drain the spinach well and keep aside.
- Sift together flour, salt and chili powder and rub in 2 tbsps of ghee or oil.
- Add the ginger paste, cumin and spinach and mix thoroughly, pour a little water if necessary to make a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 20 balls and roll out into round disc of 4" diameter.
- Heat oil in a pan until smoking point, then reduce the heat and fry the puris
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.