by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3695 times
One and a half tablespoons of sugar for 7 servings of kulfi – do the maths and you will realize just how much healthier this version is compared to traditional kulfi.
This recipe gives you an opportunity to enjoy your all-time favourite desi dessert without much guilt. We have used medium-fat cow’s milk instead of ingredients like full-fat milk, condensed milk and cream.
However, we have used a little bit of cornflour to get a rich consistency, which makes it seem just as good as the original. Easy to make, this Healthy Kulfi is just perfect with the right amount of sweetness and an awesomely luscious mouth-feel!
You can also try other desserts like Lauki ki Kheer or Low Calorie Apple Crumble .
- Combine the cornflour and 1 tbsp of warm milk in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the saffron strands and the remaining 1 tbsp of warm milk in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the cow’s milk in a deep non-stick pan and boil on a medium flame for approx. 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while scrapping the sides occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, add the saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour into 7 kulfi moulds and freeze for atleast 10 to 12 hours or till the kulfi is set.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick or a fork in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kulfi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.