Healthy Bhapa Doi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4358 times
If anybody has an incurable sweet tooth, it’s a Bengali – and they are proud of it. Mostly made of dairy products, Bengali sweets have a unique flavour and amazing mouth-feel. Ranging from sweet curds to rasagolla, their sweets are now famous all over the world.
Of these, Bhapa Doi is a rich and sweet curd-based dessert, which is perfect to end a meal. While it is usually made with full-fat milk sweetened with lots of sugar, we have come up with a pleasantly sweet version made using cow’s milk and minimal sugar.
You can comfortably include this Healthy Bhapa Doi in your menu, as it is comparatively low in fat and calories.
Try other healthy Bengali recipes like the Moong Dal Nimki and Matarsutir Kochuri .
- Combine the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and boil on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly for approx. 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine the curds and cardamom powder in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Pour the milk-sugar mixture in it and whisk very well.
- Pour the mixture into 8 individual cups or bowls, cover with a lid and keep aside in a warm place for atleast 8 to 10 hours or till set.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.