Gulab Jamun Kulfi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 159 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49139 times
It’s not uncommon to find ice-creams served with mithai like Gulab Jamun Jalebi Malpua, Gajar Halwa, etc.
However, this dessert is quite different in that the kulfi itself is studded with sweet and succulent gulab jamuns.
The Gulab Jamun Kulfi is an easy to make but awesomely rich Indian dessert of gulab jamuns set in a creamy kulfi made of condensed milk.
Hints of cardamom give the kulfi a rich aroma. If you love nuts, feel free to add nuts and dry fruits of your choice, like cashews, pistachios, dried figs, etc to give it an exciting bite.
Setting the kulfi along with gulab jamuns in the same mould gives a very unique texture and intensely rich taste to this dessert. Definitely a must-try!
Try other recipes like Malai Kulfi or Kulfi and Fruit Ice Cream
- Combine the cornflour with the milk and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk and condensed milk in a deep non-stick pan and bring it to a boil on a medium flame, while stirring occasionally, so that the milk does not stick to the bottom of the pan. It should take approximately 9 to 10 minutes.
- Simmer the milk on a low flame for 40 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame, while stirring occasionally for 12 minutes or till it becomes thick.
- Switch off the flame, allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Fill one kulfi mould halfway with the prepared kulfi mixture.
- Add 4 gulab jamuns into the kulfi mould.
- Pour more of the prepared kulfi mixture over the gulab jamuns and seal the mould well using the lid.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 to prepare 5 more kulfis. Freeze them for at least for 10 to 12 hours or till set.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the freezer for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer stick in the centre of the kulfi and pull it out. Do not immerse the kulfi moulds in water to demould.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.