Gulab Jamun Kulfi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 159 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34604 times
A rich, creamy, ice-cream made with reduced milk that is flavoured with saffron and cardamoms and is enriched with gulab jamuns. Simply buy the gulab jamuns at the nearest mithai shop.
- In a small bowl, soak the saffron in a little warm milk and keep aside.
- Dissolve the arrowroot in 2 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
- Pour the milk in a broad non-stick pan and bring it to a boil. Add the arrowroot solution and sugar and mix well.
- Simmer over a medium flame, stirring continuously till the milk reduces to a little less than half the original quantity (approx. 450 ml.).
- Cool completely and add the cardamom powder and saffron mixture and mix well. Add the gulab jamun pieces and mix lightly.
- Pour into kulfi moulds and freeze overnight till it is firm.
- To unmould, allow the moulds to remain outside the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then unmould by inserting a wooden skewer, stick or a fork, in the centre of the kulfi and pulling it out.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||336.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.