Grilled Veg Pizza Sandwich, Quick Kids Snack Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 951 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 137008 times
All the unbounded excitement of digging into a pizza, now in a handy sandwich form! This yummy Grilled Veg Pizza Sandwich brings together common but tasty veggies, herbs, seasonings and ketchup, giving a pizza-like feel to it.
It is so simple that even your kids can join you in cooking this recipe. Since the ingredients are all common ones, you can make it on any day, any time that hunger strikes without warning!
You can also try other recipes with your kids, such as the Chilli Cheese Toast or Cinderella .
- Cut the capsicum into half, wash, remove the seeds and chop it. Keep aside.
- Peel the onion, wash and chop it. Keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into half, wash and chop it. Keep aside.
- Combine the capsicum, onions and tomatoes in a deep bowl and mix well using a spoon.
- Add the chilli flakes, oregano, tomato ketchup, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well using a spoon. Keep aside.
- Spread a little butter on all the bread slices.
- Place 2 buttered bread slices with the buttered side facing upwards on a clean, dry surface and put a little of the prepared stuffing on one buttered bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Cover it with another buttered side facing downwards and press it lightly. Brush a little butter on top of it.
- Switch on the sandwich toaster and grease it lightly with little butter.
- Place the sandwich on the greased and heated griller with the buttered side facing upwards, close it and grill for atleast 5 minutes or till the sandwich turns golden brown in colour from both the sides and is crisp.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 to make 3 more grilled sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into 2 equal portions and serve immediately with tomato ketchup and potato wafers.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.