Green Peas and Mint Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 300 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 94409 times
A thoughtful blend of minimal but well-matched ingredients like mint, peas and brown rice together with flavour boosters like green chillies, onions and garlic, results in a delectable Green Peas and Mint Pulao that throws you into a tizzy. Brown rice and green peas are rich in fibre, which binds and removes cholesterol from our body, while coriander and mint leaves bring in vitamins C and A that fight free radicals. Indeed this low cholesterol, heart-friendly Green Peas and Mint Pulao is a must-try for everybody, as it is healthy and light yet satiating.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, green peas, coriander, mint leaves and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and brown rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
- To make 3 cups of cooked brown rice, boil enough water in a deep pan, add the salt, 1 tsp of oil and 1 cup of soaked and drained brown rice and cook till the rice is 85% cooked. Drain completely and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.