Fruity Cream Cheese ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
फ्रूटी क्रीम चीज़
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Fruity Cream Cheese ( Baby and Toddler Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39229 times
Cream cheese (or paneer as we know it), is an excellent source of concentrated energy, protein and calcium. Some babies tire of milk by the time they are 7 months old, but their calcium requirement still needs to be met. This recipe almost fulfils your baby's daily requirements along with that of vitamin a and vitamin c.
- Bring the milk to a boil and keep aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and stir the milk. If the milk does not curdle completely, add the other teaspoon of lemon juice and allow it to curdle completely. The whey should be transparent.
- Strain the solids through a muslin cloth, keeping the whey aside.
- Put the strained cream cheese in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste, adding more whey if you need to thin down the consistency of the cream cheese. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the fruits and sugar and blend again to a smooth puree. Serve immediately.
- Keep the drained whey aside to knead a chapati dough or to add into a soup or dal, as it contains plenty of proteins.
- FIG AND APRICOT CREAM CHEESE
- Instead of the puréed fruits, you can add 1 fig and 2 apricots, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes and drained. Remember to deseeed the apricots.
- DATE CREAM CHEESE
- Instead of the fresh fruits, you can add 1 to 2 deseeded dates.
- Use the darker variety of dates as they are easy to puree in the blender than the red variety.
Nutrient values for 1/4 cup
|Amt|| 241 gm|
|Energy|| 272 kcal|
|Protein|| 8.9 gm|
|Cho|| 18.8 gm|
|Fat|| 13.2 gm|
|Vit-A|| 322.9 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 18.1 mg|
|Calcium|| 438.8 mg|
|Iron|| 0.7 mg|
|F.Acid|| 11.2 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.