Flaxseeds Ragi Mathari
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 13449 times
A crunchy munchy diwali snack!
- Combine the coriander seed, red chilli and garlic in a non-stick pan and dry roast for 2to 3 minutes.
- Allow them to cool and grind this in a grinder to make coarse powder.
- Heat another non-stick pan and dry roast the flaxseeds until they crakle (or sputter). allow it to cool. crush these roasted flax in a grinder like rava. Keep aside.
- Combine wheat flour, ragi flour ,crushed flaxseeds flour, powdered coriander, chilli, garlic, salt and 1 1/2 tbsp of oil in a bowl, mix well and knead into a hard dough sing water as required.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portion and 6 balls and press it by rolling pin to make a small thick puri like matharis
- Take one mathari. sprinkle a few drop of water on one side of mathari and coat it by poppy seeds.and press gently . Likewise reverse the mathari to another side make the same procedure for coating the mathari by khuskhus (poppy seeds).
- Make 4 to 5 holes in each mathari with the help of knife.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the matharis on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool and store in an air-tight containers.
This recipe was contributed by ashaarchanarecipes on 16 Nov 2012Hi,
I am Archana--.smart,attractive,cute,pleasing persona. I am hard driven ,very dedicated to...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.