Added to 339 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61763 times
A delicious main course: Crisp patties made of channa, cabbage, carrots and capsicum are served atop fresh pita bread pockets and garnished with a chopped tomato and curd-garlic-spring onion dressing. Tuck-in!
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl and using enough water, knead into a soft dough until it is smooth and elastic (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove air and divide into 6 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion into circle of 150 mm. (6") in diameter and 4 mm. (1/6") thickness.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle) on each side for a minute or until the bread puffs up.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Cut each pita bread into 2 halves and keep aside.
- Blend all the ingredients in a mixer to get a smooth sauce. Keep refrigerated
- Combine the kabuli chana, green chillies and mint and blend in mixer to a coarse past without using water.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal parts and shape them into patties.
- Deep-fry the patties in hot oil till golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Warm the pita bread halves on a hot (tava) griddle.
- Fill each pita bread half with some tomato slices and shredded lettuce, one patty and a spoonful of the dressing on top.
- Repeat for the remaining pita bread halves and other ingredients to make 11 more falafels.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||872.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||32.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.