Crispy Cones Stuffed with Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30076 times
Somehow, cone-shaped snacks catch everybody’s fancy. It is probably because the cones give you a sneak-peek into what is inside, while snugly holding on to the contents!
These Crispy Cones Stuffed with Potatoes are so enticing to behold, and so appetising with the aroma of cumin and nigella seeds that you cannot help drooling. The potato stuffing is absolutely awesome, with a balanced flavour that has a bit of tang and a bit of spice too. The dainty cones that hold this stuffing are really crisp, and complement the succulent mouth-feel of the stuffing very well indeed.
It takes a bit of practice and patience to make these cones, but you will soon get the hang of it. Enjoy as an evening tea snack with a cup of hot Elaichi Tea , also makes an exciting addition to your starters platter during special occasions and parties.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into an oblong shape of 200 mm. × 125 mm. ( 8”×5”).
- Cut vertically into 4 equal strips using a sharp knife.
- Take a strip and wet it with a little water evenly all over.
- Wrap the strip with the watered side facing inwards and swirl it while slightly overlapping it on an aluminium cone shaped mould.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry along with the aluminium cone mould as it cooks, loosen the cones slightly using a fork and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. In the same way deep-fry the remaining strips to make the con
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make the remaining 12 cones.
- Store in an air-tight container and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and nigella seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Fill the cones with a little of the prepared potato stuffing.
- Serve immediately with sweet chutney.
Nutrient values per small cone
|Vitamin A||69.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.