by Tarla Dalal
Added to 275 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 123345 times
You would never have imagined making such a crispy snack with spinach!
In this unique recipe, finely shredded spinach is deep-fried till crisp and perked up with roasted sesame seeds, garlic and a sprinkling of sugar and salt.
The intermingling of flavours in the Crackling Spinach is unparalleled, quite unlike anything you have tasted before! Enjoy it fresh and crisp.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan and place some of the spinach in a strainer.
- Dip the strainer in the hot oil and deep-fry for approx. 2 to 3 minutes or till the spinach is crisp.
- Remove from the strainer and drain it on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to deep-fry the remaining spinach. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the garlic and sesame seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fried spinach, powdered sugar and salt and mix gently.
- Serve immediately.
- Shred the spinach, wash it thoroughly with water and drain well. Spread it on a muslin cloth and allow it to dry completely.
Crackling Spinach Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3585.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||73.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.