Cold Reliever, Home Remedy for Colds
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Cold Reliever, Home Remedy for Colds in Hindi)
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20094 times
This tasty ‘tea’ is very effective against colds, and the best part is that it is tasty and caffeine-free; so it is sure to suit one and all.
The spice powder that is combined with milk and misri to make this herbal drink, is comprised of seeds that are there in everbody’s masala dabba, so you do not have to go hunting for anything.
This combination is very effective in soothing the throat and expelling mucus, the two most troublesome symptoms of a cold! You can prepare the Cold Reliever spice powder and store it in a dry, air-tight container for ready use.
But, make only small batches, because the powder will lose its aroma and efficacy over time. Remember, anything is best when prepared fresh!
You can also try other home remedies that help to relieve cold like Tulsi ka Kadha and Ajwain and Turmeric Milk .
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Combine 1 cup of water, 1½ tbsp of the prepared spice powder and misri in a broad non-pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain with the help of a strainer.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.