Chilli Bean Quesadillas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 500 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36675 times
Kids love exotic dishes from around the world – and so do we! So, what’s stopping you from preparing these delicious Chilli Bean Quesadillas to enjoy as an evening treat, along with a cup of hot Tea or a Milkshake ? This Mexican treat is not only tasty but also quite satiating.
The filling, made with readily-available ingredients like canned baked beans and cheese, is quick and easy to prepare. You just need a couple of minutes to prepare the Quesidillas with a dough of plain flour and maize flour. You can breeze through the rest of the procedure, and there, your tasty treat will be ready in a jiffy! Serve it immediately on preparation, or the quesadillas will get soggy.
- Combine all the ingredients into a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7") diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the filling on one half of the tortilla and fold it over to make a semi-circle and press it lightly to seal the edges.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the quesadilla, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 3 more quesadillas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per quesadilla
|Vitamin A||72.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.