Cheese and Apple Sandwich ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35265 times
The winning combination of cheese and apple slices is what makes this sandwich a favourite. You could use whole wheat or multi-grain bread for a healthier option, and pipe smiley faces with strawberry jam.
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice and keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing downwards and place a slice of cheese on it.
- Place 2 slices of apple on the cheese slice and sprinkle ¼th portion of cinnamon sugar on it.
- Top it with another bread slice with buttered side facing upwards.
- Heat a non–stick pan tava (griddle) and cook on a medium flame till both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.
- For an added appeal, you can make a facing apple slices and jam as shown in the image besides.
Nutrient values per sandwich
|Vitamin A||135.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.