Chana Dal Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15734 times
Game for some unusual fare today? Try this delectable Chana Dal Puri, which combines soaked and ground chana dal with wheat flour and semolina in the dough.
A couple of spices and coriander do their bit in jazzing up the taste of these puris. Do not fry too many puris at once, and while frying always press each puri lightly into the oil so that it’ll puff up.
Try other puri recipes like Phudina Puri or puris .
- Combine the chana dal and enough hot water in a deep bowl and soak for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer along with ¼ cup of water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a deep bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix well to knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the puris a few at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.