Chakra Pongal ( Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11773 times
A sweet dish made during most festivals in south india. Made using low-fat milk and sugar substitute… it finds place on an occasional treat menu for people with high blood sugar levels.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the dals and dry roast on a medium flame till the raw smell disappears, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Clean and wash the rice. Add the dals, milk and 2½ cups of water mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles or till the rice and dal become soft.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine ¼ cup of milk and ¼ cup of water in deep non-stick pan and bring to boil.
- Add the cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, saffron, cashewnuts, raisin, cooked rice and dal mixture, mix well and stir it on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the sugar substitute and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.