Cauliflower Greens Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 879 times
We just hope you do not throw away the cauliflower greens after removing and using the florets, because the greens is chock-full of nutrients that are not to be missed!
If you are wondering how to make use of it, this Cauliflower Greens Paratha is an awesome idea that will make you fall in love with the greens. It might not be a good idea to start off with stir-fries or subzi because cauliflower greens has a slightly-bitter taste akin to methi, which takes a while to get accustomed to.
However, that mild bitterness works in our favour here as the stuffing is perked up with appropriate flavour-enhancers like ginger, green chillies and cumin.
You will enjoy the crunch of the greens and onions, the flavour of the stuffing and the texture of this unique paratha. This healthy and tasty breakfast dish is a wonderful way to start your day.
Enjoy how to make Cauliflower Greens Paratha recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chilies paste, ginger paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower greens and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Mix well and keep aside.
- Divide the cauliflower stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the cauliflower greens stuffing in the center of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") in diameter using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha on a medium flame, using ½ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.