Cauliflower Greens, Methi and Palak Healthy Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1166 times
Do you tend to use the cauliflower and throw away the greens? Don’t do that ever again, because what you consider as waste is actually a tasty, green, nutri-dense ingredient that can be used to make awesomely tasty dishes like this one!
The Cauliflower Greens, Methi and Palak Healthy Subzi features a thoughtful combination of greens, cooked with onions, tomatoes and everyday spice powders.
Cauliflower greens as well as the other greens used here are rich in iron and folic acid, which help raise your haemoglobin levels. This healthy subzi gives a good iron boost, especially for pregnant women.
Mildly spiced but super tasty, the greens are also cooked in minimal fat so it is good for those with diabetes and heart problems too.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the greens and ½ cup of water, mix well, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.