by Tarla Dalal
Added to 286 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80566 times
The Burrito Bowl sounds elaborate, but the fact is that it is not too time-consuming. Moreover, it is a satiating one-dish meal, which is completely worth the effort.
Here, rice is boosted with colourful veggies, ketchup and appropriate seasonings; layered with refried beans, sour cream and uncooked salsa; and finally garnished with cheese and other ingredients; before topping with crushed nacho chips, to make a totally irresistible one dish meal .
Refried beans is a staple accompaniment in Mexican cuisine and is readily available at stores, but making it fresh at home with tomatoes, spring onions and cooked rajma, gives an awesome flavour that beats any packaged option!
Assemble each serving of the Burrito Bowl separately so that everybody gets an equal share of the goodies, and enjoy it immediately upon preparation.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the chilli flakes and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the corn and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rice, tomato ketchup and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing them slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Add the tomato ketchup, rajma, chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix wel land cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well while mashing it with a back of a spoon. Keep aside.
- Divide the rice into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the refried beans into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the sour cream into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the uncooked salsa into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, take a big serving bowl, place a portion of the rice and press it lightly using the back of a spoon.
- Top it with a portion of the refried beans and again press it lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Put a portion of the sour cream and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Spread a portion of the uncooked salsa and spread it evenly.
- Finally sprinkle ½ tbsp of spring onion whites and greens evenly over it, 1 tbsp grated cheese and ¼ cup coarsely crushed nacho chips.
- Repeat steps 5 to 9 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||868.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||63.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||47.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.