by Tarla Dalal
Added to 181 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47902 times
A balanced combination of brinjal with other veggies like potatoes, french beans and carrots is pepped up with mint leaves, onion paste and spice powders, and mixed into a dough for cutlets. Coating the dough with bread crumbs imparts an exciting crispness to the cutlets. What is more, this veggie-loaded brinjal cutlet is cooked on a non-stick tava with minimal oil, so you can choose this to accompany your cup of tea whenever you feel like it!
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, add the brinjal, potatoes, french beans, carrots and salt ,mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, transfer to a plate, allow it to cool slightly and mash with help of a potato masher.
- Add the garam masala, dry mango powder, coriander, mint leaves, little salt and the prepared paste and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball and then flatten it between your palms.
- Roll in the breadcrumbs till the cutlets are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) with oil and cook the cutlets using oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per cutlet
|Vitamin A||123.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||12 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.