Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3639 times
Boondi basant is as exotic in taste as in looks. The boondis are simmered in a delicious coconut based tomato gravy which makes for a great accompaniment to rice or rotis. Top the boondi basant with roasted cashew to impart that extra taste and richness to this recipe.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan. add 0nions and fry till nicely browned.
- Add the dessicated coconut and fry over slow flame till pink.
- Grind the onion and coconut together with ginger and garlic cloves to a fine paste.
- Heat the remaining ghee.
- Put the bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cloves, pepper corns and elaichi and saute till a nice aroma emits.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till ghee oozes out.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, salt and sugar.
- Then add the ground paste. add about 1 cup of water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Lastly add the boondis. garnish with coriander and fried cashew nuts.
- Serve immediately
This recipe was contributed by kondai_1972 on 07 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.