Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31010 times
Black chole is a nice variation to the typical chole or kabuli chana recipe cooked in traditional punjabi style. Here the boiled kabuli chana is cooked with onion, tomato, hole masala and tempered with curry leaves and ginger juliennes.
- Pressure cook the kabuli channa till soft and cooked.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, 2 tsp chole masala ,prepared paste, mix well and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, kabuli chana ,remaninig chole masala, amchur, ,potao chips, mix well and cook for 15 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sejjal on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.