Besan Bread Toast, Tava Bread Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6560 times
This is a very unique, classically Indian toast that is made by tava-cooking bread coated with a batter of besan perked up with spice powders and veggies.
The Besan Bread Toast has a crisp and spicy, veggie-dotted outer surface that reminds you of bhajiyas.
This slowly gives way to the succulent and mildly flavoured bread inside. When you chew the whole thing together, you get a pleasant mix of flavours and textures that is really awesome.
You can also try other toast recipes like the Crispy Spinach and Paneer Open Toasts or Ladi Pav Bhaji Toasts .
- Combine the besan, rava, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt and approx. ¾ cup of water and in a deep bowl whisk very well.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) , grease it using ½ tsp of oil, place a bread slice on it.
- Pour ¼ cup of the mixture on the bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Drizzle ½ tsp of oil on top and sides and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn over and cook on the other side as well till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Cut the bread diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more toasts.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per toast
|Vitamin A||217.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
|Folic Acid||42.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.