Beetroot Tikkis in Spinach Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36236 times
A beautiful subzi for valuable good health, Beetroot Tikkis in Spinach Gravy features a colourful and thoughtful combination of ingredients. Beetroot and carrot together with tangy spices gives rise to a lip-smacking tikki that goes just too well with the garlic-flavoured spinach gravy. Beetroot being a storehouse of antioxidants helps iron in doing its activities, while the use of oats as a binding agent instead of potatoes or cornflour makes the recipe fibre-rich too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 25 mm. (1?) flat round tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Place a few tikkis at a time and cook each tikki, using ? of tsp oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, green chillies and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into the same non-stick kadhai, add the sugar, ¼ cup of water, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, re-heat the gravy, add the beetroot tikkis, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.