Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9202 times
Use more garlic for better taste and health!!!
Add your private note
Beetroot Rasam recipe - How to make Beetroot Rasam
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 2 servings
- Blend the cooked beetroot along with rasam powder and coconut and little water, in a mixer to a fine paste.
- Boil the tamarind pulp with salt, turmeric and green chilli for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground mixture, add 1 cup of water and boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a small pan and add the garlic and saute till they turn golden brow.
- Add these garlic to the rasam and mix well.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil for the tempering, add the mustard seeds and red chilli.
- When the seeds crackle, pour this tempering over the rasam and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mamli on 17 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.