Banana Methi Thepla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46963 times
The sweetness of bananas is highlighted and well-complemented by the slightly bitter methi leaves making the duo an exciting filling for theplas. You will love the blend of flavours and the pleasing texture of the banana methi thepla. It is also good to note that this thepla will last for a day or two, so you can carry it not just in your lunch box but take it along on a journey too!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each circle, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in an air-tight container.
- The theplas will last for atleast 2 days.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per thepla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.