Methi Thepla Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52234 times
Gujarati style theplas are a perfect treat for a relaxed sunday breakfast. Give them a new twist by wrapping them around a filling of potato bhaji, salad and red chilli sauce. This also makes a great Breakfast to go!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough, using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using a little oil till smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") diameter circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook each thepla on a tava (griddle), using little oil, till brown spots appear on both sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, sesame seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, potatoes, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide the bhaji into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a methi thepla on a clean dry surface and spread ½ tbsp of red chilli sauce over it.
- Place one portion of the potato bhaji in a row in the centre of the thepla.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of spring onions, 2 tbsp of bean sprouts and 2 tbsp of carrots evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.