by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9516 times
Quesadilla is one of the most popular Mexican snacks made by stuffing a pair of tortillas with an exciting mix of veggies, beans and cheese.
This is a fusion creation, a totally off-beat Quesadilla made with methi flavoured theplas instead of tortillas. The desi touch adds to the flavour and improves the mouth-feel, making it perfect for Indian food lovers.
The stuffing too reflects the spirit of Indo-Mexican fusion, by bringing together paneer with baked beans and other crunchy veggies.
The Thepla Quesadilla is a truly scrumptious dish, which can be had as a one-dish meal, or served as an after-school snack for kids. Have it nice and fresh to enjoy the multiple textures.
You can also try other recipes like the Paneer, Cheese and Corn Quesadillas or Broccoli, Bell Pepper and Cheese Quesadillas .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, add enough water and knead into a soft dough. Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), cook each thepla on a medium flame, using little oil, till light brown spots appear on both the sides. Make sure you do not make it crisp, as it is going to cook further. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, capsicum, corn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the baked beans, tomato ketchup and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the paneer and mix well. We need a soft paneer stuffing, that is the reason we have not cooked after adding it. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a thepla on a clean dry, put one portion of the prepared stuffing and spread it evenly and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Place another thepla over it and press it lightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the thepla, using ½ tsp of butter, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more thepla quesadillas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per quesadilla
|Vitamin A||351.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.