Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26209 times
A filling and low cal Baked patties recipe with vegetables as filling. The same patty recipe can be used to create a non veg or paneer based crispy and flaky baked patties recipe.
Add your private note
Baked Patties recipe - How to make Baked Patties
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 30 minutes
- Sieve flour well, keep salt to one side in the thali, add ghee (level),add lemon juice. mix nicely then add cold water from the fridge little by little to form a dough.
- Knead well using stretching method (hold the dough with one hand and stretch the dough to max and rollit back again and knead)till smooth (10-15 mins).
- Once this dough is ready, after 20 mins : roll the dough into a square chapati 1/4" thick by adding a little flour.
- Take lily butter and cream it till soft.
- Apply half of it over the entire chapati. then bring the top of the chapati to the centre half and cover with the bottom half overlapping the 1st half.
- Then bring the side to the centre forming one square block.
- Take out from the fridge, dust with flour and roll again into a square.
- If air bubbles come in while rolling, just prick with a toothpick.
- Again add lily butter (smoothen) and apply just like the first step and put in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Roll again 1/4" thick into a square then fold like step 2 and 3 but without butter (this is a fake roll).
- Then immediately roll into a square chapati 1/2" thick .
- Trim the edges with a pizza cutter for a perfect square.
- Make pattis of about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" pieces.
- Turn the blocks and apply water to the top.
- Put filling more towards
- Heat oil and little ghee (combi for any meat dishes).
- Fry onions a little till pink.
- Add ginger, garlic and chillies, chopped and fry a little.
- Add also a little of ginger - garlic-green chilly paste and fry.
- Then add mince to which a little salt is already added.
- Fry a little then add 1 tomato.
- Then add salt, garam masala, dhana jeera pwdr a and a little sugar.
- Cover the cooker and let it cook.
- After the cooker is opened, add corriander and mint leaves and a combi of vinegar and lemong juice.
This recipe was contributed by zigzac on 13 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.