by Tarla Dalal
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 100408 times
Rich enough to pamper your senses, tinged with the magic of Indian spices, the Anjeer Basundi is a dessert you will enjoy thoroughly.
Chopped anjeer gives the well-cooked milk a nice mouth-feel and pleasant sweetness, while saffron gives it a rich hue and aroma.
With just a dash of sugar, this Anjeer Basundi has the right level of sweetness. Awesome though it is, this dessert is conveniently easy to make. So, go for it without any second thoughts.
You can also try other Basundi recipes like the Basundi or Pineapple Basundi.
Enjoy how to make Anjeer Basundi recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- To make anjeer basundi, combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside. Adding saffron strands imparts a great flavor and a hint of color to the anjeer basundi.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and bring to a boil on a high flame while stirring occasionally. This is should take approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 17 minutes, while stirring occasionally and while scrapping the sides of the pan. This step is essential to the anjeer basundi recipe because the malai stuck to the pan provides the thickness and consistency we desire.
- Add the anjeer, saffron-milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Cool the anjeer basundi completely, refrigerate for atleast 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.