Alphonso Aamras, Aaamras Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14868 times
Wish for a taste of real mangoes long after the season is gone? Well, it is quite natural because the tongue-tickling flavour of mangoes is an unforgettable one, and just the thought of it makes us drool.
Here is a simple but effective way of making Alphonso Aamras, which can be served fresh or stored for one year in an airtight container in the freezer. Remove it from the freezer an hour before you need it, and use it as you wish in puddings, juices, shakes, smoothies, mousses, or other desserts. Remember to use well-ripened and sweet Alphonso mangoes, so there will be no need to add sugar.
You can also enjoy Aamras with Padvali Roti or Puris .
- Soak all the mangoes in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes.
- Take a mango, press from evenly from all the sides till it turns soft uniformly.
- Remove the eye of the mango and squeeze it very well so as to collect the pulp in a deep bowl.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining 11 mangoes.
- Blend the mango pulp in a mixer till smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the freezer.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.