by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55790 times
A scrumptious Bengali delicacy of deep-fried potatoes coated with a lip-smacking masala of roasted poppy seeds and spicy green chillies. The aroma of roasted poppy seeds, the crispness of the potato cubes and the warm taste of green chillies on your palate makes the Aloo Poshto a really memorable dish.
Serve it along with other Bengali classics like the Luchi , Baingan Bhaja and Bengali Matarsutir Dal to make a complete meal.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the potatoes in few batches, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Dry roast the poppy seeds in a small non-stick pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the roasted poppy seeds and green chillies in a mixer along with ¼ cup of water and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the red chillies, poppy seeds-green chillies mixture and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring it occasionally.
- Add the fried potatoes, 1 tbsp of water and salt, toss well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.