by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 227 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 107779 times
If ‘Vegetable Soup’ sounds too similar, read this recipe before you decide! This version of the ever-popular soup comes with an innovative twist, as it uses a stock of moong dal, tomatoes and onions, which imparts a very pleasing consistency and flavour to this nutritious soup. With loads of crunchy veggies and a tinge of tomato too, each spoonful of this toothsome soup is a feast to the taste buds.
- Combine the moong dal, tomatoes, onions and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture using a blender till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the vegetables, except the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared stock and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.