by Tarla Dalal
Added to 112 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17937 times
Sumptuous burgers made with mixed vegetable patties, crisp lettuce, tomato sauce, and all the works. What makes this version of Vegetable Burger rather special is that the perfectly crisp, golden coloured patties are cooked on a non-stick tava with minimal oil, yet they taste as crisp and succulent as the usual deep-fried ones.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, french beans, carrots and cabbage and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water (approx. 2 tbsp) to avoid the vegetables from burning.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, mash the mixture using a potato masher. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter flat round patty.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each patty, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply a little butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface, place an iceberg lettuce, 1 patty and spread 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup over it.
- Place 1 tomato slice and 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.