Sprouts Khichdi ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 157 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42237 times
A fast-growing baby needs super-foods like this to keep her charged! This yummy khichdi made with mixed sprouts has a hint of subtle spices like onions and garlic.
If your baby enjoys this, it will ensure that meal times are splatter-free, more enjoyable and more satisfying for both of you.
While the child will enjoy the textures and flavours in the dish, you will bask in the happiness of having fed her a nutritious meal! Fresh curd makes a perfect accompaniment for the Sprouts Khichdi.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and mixed sprouts and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds
- Add ¾ cup of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid
- Coarsely mash the khichdi using the back of a spoon.
- Serve lukewarm with fresh curds.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
|Energy|| 139 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 25.0 gm|
|Fat|| 2.7 gm|
|Calcium|| 13.4 mg|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.