Schezuan Chopsuey Dosa, Mumbai Roadside Schezwan Dosa Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 123 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47828 times
Mumbai is a melting point of cultures, and this Schezuan Chopsuey Dosa is a perfect example of that vibrancy!
Take the typical potato stuffing out of the Masala Dosa and replace it with a tongue-tickling Schezuan Chopsuey, and there you have a unique snack that is both filling and tasty. With noodles and colourful veggies, this dosa's stuffing is quite sumptuous too.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, schezuan sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the noodles and spring onion greens, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Spread a little butter over it and cook on a medium flame till it turns slightly crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Place one portion of the schezuan chopsuey in a row in the centre and fold it over from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.