Rangoon Na Vaal ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 143 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28717 times
Rangoon na vaal is a wholesome yet effortless preparation of field beans. The use of varied ingredients like jaggery, imli, chilli powder and ajwain imparts a unique sweet and sour tang to this dish. Soaking is very indispensable, so plan accordingly.
- Wash and soak the rangoon vaal in enough water for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain, add the soda bi-carb and enough water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or till the vaal is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the carom seeds, asafoetida, chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rangoon vaal, ½ cup of water, jaggery, tamarind pulp and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.