Quick Tomato Pizzas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33030 times
Whip up some thick, fresh tomato pizza sauce and spoon them on to the pizza base. Top up with capsicum, onions and lots of cheese and bake until the cheese is all molten and hot! bite into a slice of this pizza and enjoy!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the blanched tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup, sugar, oregano, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the sauce into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a flat, dry surface and spread ½ portion of the pizza sauce on it. Arrange ¼ cup capsicum juliennes over it and sprinkle ½ cup of grated cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 1 more pizza and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 12 to 15 minutes or till the pizza base is crisp.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- 6 large tomatoes after blanching will yield approx. 1¼ cups blanched, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped tomatoes.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.