Quick Tava Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1098 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40633 times
Ready in a jiffy, this quick tava rice is a meal in its own right, with loads of fresh and crunchy veggies, tomatoes and curds for tang and texture, and red chillies for a dash of spice. A quick garnish of grated cheese makes it sumptuous too!
- Combine the red chillies and garlic along with little water and grind in a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta) to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add the capsicum, tomatoes, turmeric powder and curds and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the cooked rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.