by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 207 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19457 times
A simple dal that you can prepare quickly and serve hot with steamed rice or rotis. Chopped methi leaves are cooked along with toovar dal. A tempering of garlic, jaggery, mustard seeds and asafetida subtly enhance the flavor of the methi leaves in dal. Soothing!
- Clean, wash and soak the dal in water for about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Pressure cook the dal with turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water till the dal is done.
- Whisk well, add ½ cup of water, jaggery and chilli powder and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan and add the asafoetida and garlic.
- Sauté till the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour this tempering over the cooked dal and mix well.
- Serve hot.
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.