Batata Ani Flower Cha Rassa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 100 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72597 times
A typical Maharashtrian food, Batata ani Flower cha Rassa enhances the traditional preparation by using cauliflower florets in addition to potato cubes. Cooked with typical ingredients like tomatoes, ginger paste, etc., and a traditional tempering, this curry is slightly watery and must be served piping hot! For the most authentic flavour, use goda masala, but if you are unable to get it, then use garam masala instead.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, garlic and green chillies, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, salt and 2½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the potatoes are partially cooked.
- Add the cauliflower, chili powder, goda masala or garam masala and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till both the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked.
- Mash the vegetables lightly using a masher before serving.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.