by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38245 times
As the name suggests, these Rotis are masaledar and delectably spicy! If you want them even spicier, you can add finely chopped green chillies. Whole cumin seeds impart taste and crunch to the Rotis, and you can also add carom seeds (ajwain) or sesame seeds for more crunch and taste. asafetida, which is faintly noticeable in these Rotis, is a digestive aid and helps prevent flatulence (gas) and hence used in daily cooking.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using soya oil till smooth and divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6") diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.