Kand Na Dabada ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22434 times
This bite-sized savoury snack is a perfect sunday evening treat when kand is in season. It is sure to earn you everybody’s praise and love! what else can you expect out of a mildly-spiced mixture of coriander, chana dal and coconut, sandwiched between slices of steamed purple yam, and baked to perfection?!
- Peel and cut the yam into 25 mm. (1") squares about 6. 5 mm. (¼") thick. You will get approx. 40 pieces.
- Steam the purple yam pieces in a steamer for 15 to 20 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Rub the yam pieces with a little salt and keep aside.
- Place a purple yam piece on a flat, dry surface, spread little stuffing evenly over it and sandwich using another slice of purple yam.
- Repeat with the remaining yam slices and stuffing to make 19 more dabadas.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and arrange the dabadas on it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 30 minutes or till golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.