Fresh Mushroom Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 370 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69622 times
Fresh mushroom curry is a very indian way of cooking mushrooms. Fresh coriander and boiled onion paste make this gravy very flavoursome, totally overriding the blandness of mushrooms. Remember to soak the mushrooms in hot water for two minutes—this not only softens them, but also helps clean them thoroughly.
- Combine the onions and 1 cup of water in a deep vessel and cook on a medium flame till the onions turn soft. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the garlic, ginger and cashewnuts and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cardamom, bayleaves and cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, chilli powder, ginger and green chillies, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Lower the flame, add the curds and mix well. Cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mushrooms, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.