Feta and Pineapple Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 229 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27146 times
Feta cheese is a crumbly, aged cheese commonly used in mediterranean cuisine. It is perfect for salads and sandwiches, but if you can’t find it, you can use paneer instead. For a totally mediterranean feel, use panini for the feta and pineapple sandwich; else just go for burger buns.
- Cut each panini into two horizontally and apply a generous layer of the spread on one side of panini.
- Place a large lettuce leaf on one half of the panini.
- Top 2 slices of feta cheese and some red pepper and pineapple slices.
- Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper and sandwich with the top half of the panini.
- Repeat with the remaining panini and ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Apply butter on the outer surface of the sandwich and grill in a sandwich grill or a toaster till done.
- Serve hot.
- Pane means bread in Italian and panini means "little" bread (or buns).
- However, in America, panini means a certain kind of sandwich The bread is used is quite flat, a bit dense and a little oily.
- Now a days, panini bread is available at speciality baking shops in India too.
- If you do not find panini bread at your local baker, just use a regular burger bread instead.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.