Spicy Tomato Soup, Creamy Tomato Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27347 times
A tangy soup that is aromatic and spicy. Tomatoes introduce tartness to the soup, while blended carrots add thickness, making it a filling meal.
Milk is added to balance the tanginess of the tomatoes and lemon juice. Plenty of pepper, chillies and garlic enhance the spice quotient. It is perfect if you want something light and tickles your taste buds- the spicy tomato soup, is thoroughly enjoyable!
Serve with Cheese Croutons , Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette and Vegetable Cutlets.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes, till light brown spots appear on both of the sides of the halved tomatoes. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, carrots, red chillies, milk and lemon juice and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer it into a deep non-stick pan and simmer on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley sprigs.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.