Viewed 16394 times
Cheese in any form is a winner. As a spread, you get its instant creamy goodness oozing out of bread, chapatti or even hot parathas. Often a combination of cheddar and soft cheese, these off white cheese spreads make for excellent last minute dips when flavoured with either chilli flakes, jalapenos, pepper, garlic or any other ingredient of your choice.
How to Select
• It is easily available in the market while varying in weight.
• Some brands have flavoured varieties as well as plain cheese spread.
• The manufacture and expiry dates are important. Please read the label accordingly.
• If it has a surface, spread it. From local rotis, parathas to international breads, crackers or nachos, or potato chips, cheese spread with a ton of other flavourful ingredients can be relished as either starters or appetisers or as comfort food in front of the telly.
• Herb and garlic marry their flavour very well with cheese spread as it cuts through the dense dairy and adds shades of surprising flavour to your palate.
How to Store
• Cheese spreads are best kept refrigerated in the cheeses compartment or crisper where the humidity prevents it from drying out.
• Always store the cheese spread in an airtight container, away from strong-smelling foods, as they easily absorb odours.
• Cheese is a naturally rich source of many nutrients including calcium, phosphorous, protein, fat soluble vitamins and B vitamins.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.