Eggless Sweetcorn Pancakes with Herbed Butter
by Shreya Jaiswal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5538 times
A savoury sweet pancake made with maize flour and sweetcorn kernels served with herbed butter.
Baking soda has been used in place of egg to keep pancakes light and fluffy.
- In a bowl mix together soft butter, coriander leaves and mixed dried herbs.
- In a large bowl, sift together maize flour, plain flour and soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine thoroughly. Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a slow flame. Drizzle 1/2 tsp oil. Spread a ladle of batter onto the pan.
- Cook on a slow flame until small bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook on the other side.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Serve in a stack, drizzled with some prepared herbed butter, keeping the left over butter on its side in a bowl.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 18 Jul 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.